New Participants in the Institutional Open Access Program (IOAP)
We are pleased to welcome new participants to MDPI's Institutional Open Access Program (IOAP), designed to help institutions manage the transition to the Open Access publishing model. Researchers affiliated with participating universites benefit from a 10% discount on the Article Processing Charges (APC) for any paper published in an MDPI journal, while the participating library or university incurs no basic fee for participating in the program.
The IOAP set of free services, provided by MDPI to institutions that sign up, include:
- No fee for participants and no obligation to prolong after the initial 12 months. The participants may withdraw from the programme at any time, and we will also keep it free for the library for as long as they continue in the programme.
- Authors affiliated with the university will receive a 10% discount on the APC.
- The institution is granted free access to the MDPI submission system and can receive free alerts of new submissions to our journals.
- By default, authors from the institution will continue to be invoiced directly unless the institution opts for central billing.
- Auto-archiving of papers into the institutions´ repository as long as it supports SWORD 1.3.
More details about the programme and a list of our current participant institutions can be found at: http://www.mdpi.com/about/ioap
Institutions which are interested to participate may do so online at: http://www.mdpi.com/ioap-form
The following North American universities have signed up to the IOAP program recently:
Connecticut College, USA
Emory University, USA
Florida International University, USA
Johns Hopkins University, USA
Mississippi State University, USA
Northeastern University, USA
Rice University, USA
University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
University of Rhode Island, USA
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, USA
University of Toronto, Canada
University of Windsor, Canada
University of Wisconsin–Madison, USA
Wellesley College, USA
West Virginia University, USA
Many prestigious institutions from Europe and Asia have joined as well:
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation, Malaysia
Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic
Gdansk University of Technology, Poland
Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg, Germany
National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan
Newcastle University, UK
Northumbria University, UK
Southwest University, China
Technical University of Crete, Greece
University Malaya, Malaysia
University of Antwerp, Belgium
University of Cyprus, Cyprus
University of Manchester, UK
University of Reading, UK
University of Sussex, UK
University of Warwick, UK
West Pomeranian University of Technology Szczecin, Poland
We offer a warm welcome to the new participants!