MDPI is an academic open access publisher based in Basel, Switzerland, and was initially founded in 1996 to collect and preserve rare chemical research samples. To support the samples project, MDPI started the journal Molecules the same year. Since 1996, MDPI has grown into a publishing house with over 200 journals and further offices in Beijing and Wuhan (China), Barcelona (Spain) and Belgrade (Serbia). MDPI is backed by over 67,200 academic editors and scientists worldwide.
You would start out as an Editorial Trainee working in close collaboration with our Managing Editors learning how to process papers properly from submission to publication. Once you have successfully completed your traineeship you will be appointed as an Assistant Editor position. You should share our passion for spreading the newly acquired knowledge of today’s scientific community and feel motivated to contribute to open access publishing. Depending on your scientific background you will be assigned to an according field. We are looking for young Editors educated in different majors such as: Life Science, Medical Science, Clinical Science, Environmental science, Public Health, Ecology, Water resources, Marine Science, Hydrology, Material Engineering, Geographic Information System, Remote Sensing, Physics, Energy, Nanotechnology, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry and similar.
Execute editorial work for journals in your domain of expertise, including organizing the review process for manuscripts, overseeing editorial decisions and handling the communication between the parties involved in the publication process.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent English skills in written and spoken language.
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail.
- Experience with scholarly publishing beneficial.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to develop a professional career within an international company leader in its field.
- International friendly working atmosphere.
- Attending scientific conferences.
- Team building activities and on-going training.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Central location in Barcelona.
Questions And Application
Please send your application letter and CV in English to [email protected].