MDPI, the Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute, is an academic open access publisher, established in 1996 in Basel (Switzerland). We publish over 170 peer-reviewed open access journals across ten different fields and offer publishing-related initiatives to scholars. In addition, we offer professional conference management services connected with our publishing expertise, and organize a variety of international conferences covering Life Sciences, Physical Science and Engineering, Social Sciences and Health Sciences.
Since 1996, MDPI has grown into a publishing house with over 700 employees and offices in Basel Switzerland), Beijing and Wuhan (China), Barcelona (Spain) and Belgrade (Serbia).
As of the beginning of September or October 2017, we are looking for a dynamic and proactive person to join our Conference Team as a full-time Sales and Marketing Assistant.
- Supporting the Conference Team in promotional activities.
- Research potential clients (cold calling) and create databases.
- Using negotiation skills to achieve new sales’ goals.
- Responding to incoming e-mails and phone enquiries.
- Working with other departments on new business solutions to increase sales of company’s product.
- Formulate sales practices and procedures.
- Attend team meetings and exchange of best practice suggestions with colleagues.
- Assistance with the preparatory work regarding the booths (materials, design, internal communications) that will be used in order to promote our journals at conferences.
Your Experience and Skills:
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills; ability to influence confidently by phone and e-mail.
- Business acumen and commercial skills.
- Goals and customer oriented.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Basic administration skills.
- Basic design knowledge is a plus.
- Friendly, helpful and engaging personality.
- Able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Proficient with productivity tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet navigation.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to develop a professional career within an international company leader in its field.
- Permanent contract.
- Fixed salary plus a variable bonus.
- International friendly working atmosphere.
- Team building activities and on-going training.
- Central location.